Garrad Hassan (GH) recently released a new version of its wind farm design software, called GH WindFarmer. The software package is available in 10 languages and with full global support. This new version provides more features including a detailed uncertainty analysis, expanded site conditions analysis and self-learning tutorials.
The new features in Version 3.6 of GH WindFarmer enable the user to:
• Carry out a complete uncertainty calculation with standard deviations, historical and future uncertainties and exceedance levels for the net energy yield.
• Compare turbine design parameters with estimates of Design Equivalent Turbulence. Now also according to the German DIBt standard and a number of new options (large wind farm turbulence, alternative view angle).
• Create a turbine ranking table as part of the site conditions report to rapidly identify the worst affected turbines.
• Use the new WAsP 9 features in particular the new option for masked wind resource grids.
• Carry out detailed shadow flicker calculations with greater ease and with new options such as user-defined rotor orientation.
• Easily learn how to use GH WindFarmer with additional self-learning tutorials for the Base and Visualisation Modules.
• Use GH WindFarmer with Windows Vista and 64 Bit Windows XP/Vista.