Enel Enters French Wind Power Market

Rome, Italy [RenewableEnergyAccess.com] Enel finalized the acquisition of Lyon, France- based Erelis SAS, which specializes in the development of wind plants in France, for 14.2 million Euro [US$17.8 million]. The transaction, which reflects Enel’s global strategy for developing power generated from renewable resources, involves 100% of Erelis shares, 94% of which had been held by Chantre Davaniere SA and the remainder (6%) by Axenne Sarl. This marks Enel’s entry into the rapidly growing wind power market in France, states the release, with an installed capacity totaling about 920 megawatts (MW). Erelis SAS, established in 2002, has projects in various regions under development in France amounting to about 500 MW of power, of which 14 MW will be operational in 2007; 96 MW are in an intermediate or advanced stage and 290 MW are at the initial development stage. Erelis is also developing about 110 MW for third parties.
Previous articleFlorida Applications for Solar Incentives Now Available
Next articleVermont Agrees to Allocate $500,000 for Solar Projects
Renewable Energy World's content team members help deliver the most comprehensive news coverage of the renewable energy industries. Based in the U.S., the UK, and South Africa, the team is comprised of editors from Clarion Energy's myriad of publications that cover the global energy industry.

No posts to display