Seaward’s new Solar Installation PV100 tester carries out all electrical tests required by IEC 62446 on grid-connected PV systems‚ eliminating the need for multiple test instruments for PV panel connection and protecting the operator from exposed live DC conductors.
April 27, 2011 — Seaward’s new Solar Installation PV100 tester carries out all electrical tests required by IEC 62446 on grid-connected PV systems? eliminating the need for multiple test instruments for PV panel connection.
The new tester carries out the required sequence of electrical tests in a safe and controlled manner at one operator command, avoiding the risk of contact with exposed live DC conductors.
Handheld and battery operated? the new PV100 comes with MC4 and Sunclix test leads for fast and safe connection to all standard PV modules and arrays to test earth continuity? insulation resistance? open circuit voltage and short circuit currents.
All required measurements are performed automatically and displayed clearly with confirmation of whether the test results are acceptable. The instrument will also compare the performance of multiple strings and indicate whether the open circuit voltage or short circuit current measurements deviate by more than 5%.
An AC/DC current clamp is provided for operation currents measurement. The complete test kit, including 2 4mm test probes, 2 alligator clips, 2 MC4 test leads, 2 Sunclix test leads, AC/DC Current Clamp, is supplied in a carrying case.
A special SolarCert Elements manual entry PC software program is also available to record test data and produce professional inspection reports and test certificates.
PV100 test features:
- Earth continuity measurement with lead null for test leads up to 10ohm;
- PV string open circuit voltage measurement up to 1000V DC;
- Automatic indication of incorrect voltage polarity with audible and visual warning;
- PV string short circuit current measurement up to 10A DC;
- PV array insulation test at 250/500/1000V;
- Store up to 9 sets of measurement for string to string comparison;
- Visual indication when string voltage/current measurements deviate by >5%;
- Operational test up to 40A (using Solar AC/DC current clamp)
Find out more about the Solar Installation PV100 Test Kit at http://www.seawardsolar.com/products/solar-installation-pv100-test-kit