A relatively new feature is showing up in charge controllers. It’s called maximum power point tracking (MPPT). It extracts additional power from our PV array, under certain conditions.
Contribution to advancing innovation: What advantage does MPPT give in the real world? That depends on our array, our climate, and our seasonal load pattern. It gives us an effective current boost only when the Vpp is more than about 1V higher than the battery voltage. In hot weather, this may not be the case unless the batteries are low in charge. In cold weather however, the Vpp can rise to 18V. If our energy use is greatest in the winter (typical in most homes) and we have cold winter weather, then we can gain a substantial boost in energy when we need it the most!
Desired Features of MPPT Solar Charge Controller
- Advance microprocessor control
- Buck regulator wide input range
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- Solar charge controller with DC load control
- Reverse polarities protection of PV and battery
- Battery overcharge and over discharge protection
- Temperature compensation (-3 to -7mV/Cell/Celsius)
- Lighting surge protection (TVSS)
- 3-step charging to provide quick and safe charging for battery
- Automatic cooling fan (outside enclosure)
- 7 modes timer control (ON/OFF DC load) selectable
- Surge voltage protection.
- Collecting Practical data from field level.
- Analyze the real data
- Indentifying the real problems
- Add the new advancing innovation features.
- Preparing the whole system plan according to the following block diagram-
- Simulating the circuit diagram according to the above block diagram.
- Compiling the programming language for micro-controller IC and simulating the programming language for loading in the micro-controller IC.
- Designing the buck-boost inductor.
- Preparing the application circuit diagram.
- Testing and surveillance the desired electrical signal in the projector board level.
- Designing the PCB layout according to the application diagram and be organized PCB.
- Inserting the all electronics components on the PCB to ready a circuit board.
- Load Testing and surveillance the desired signal.