“Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.” – Warren Buffett
The Native Difference: Warranty & Pricing
When looking for a quote for your next home improvement project, whether it’s a solar PV system or remodel, you will probably be faced with a range of prices, high and low. Let’s investigate whether the least expensive quote really is the best, or whether you should invest a little more upfront in your home upgrades.
Is the cheapest quote the best?
In short, the answer is no – you really do get what you pay for.
Everybody loves a bargain. Getting a good value for your hard earned money is important. However, there are times when saving does not always equal a good deal. Do you eat at the cheapest restaurants? What about the car you drive every day…was it the cheapest make and model that you could have found? Most people’s homes are their largest investment, so the cost of the work should not be the primary decision metric when looking at improving upon that investment. Many things must be taken into consideration when looking at quotes. Then you have to wonder if the contractor you choose will be in business years down the road should you need their services for maintenance or other projects.
So, when you are comparing quotes for your project, dig deeper into the companies.
- Will the contractors working on your project be professional, capable, respectful, and knowledgeable, or are they simply laborers?
- Are the workers background checked?
- Are the workers legal citizens?
- What kind of workmanship warranty is offered?
- What is the warranty on the products being used?
- Are your best interests – both short and long term – addressed in the quote?
- Are they local?
- Find out what their story is and look at their portfolios.
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they diversified and stable?
- Is their work well documented and high quality?
- How are their online reviews?
- Are they an award-winning company?
You will find that the cheapest quote often comes with more risk. Any and all home improvement projects are meant to be just that, an improvement. An upgrade. If a company comes in with a really low quote, ask yourself if this is truly going to be a home upgrade, or a headache for you down the road.
WHAT are you paying for with Native?
A high quality professional company with diversity.
NATiVE has the ability to offer a limited lifetime workmanship warranty, along with the product warranties, and that is a major add-on you won’t get from other companies, especially solar installers. The reason is longevity. With a diverse portfolio of services and company growth (Fastest 50 Growing Companies in Austin), NATiVE is positioned to honor this warranty by still being in business years from now. With part of NATiVE’s business being maintenance and repairs on out-of-business contractors’ work, NATiVE is in prime position in the young Texas solar industry that continually sees many companies come and go.
- local company
- diversified business plan (construction, rainwater collection, and solar)
- skilled NABCEP certified installers and certified electricians
- highly rated customer reviews
- Limited Lifetime Workmanship Warranty
- high quality vetted products
- Sunpower dealer
- background checked employees
- highly-skilled 100% US citizen workforce
- pay living wage, health care and benefits to employees
- Amicus member