Econcern To Install 42 MW of Solar PV in Italy

Econcern has plans to install 42 megawatts (MW) of solar photovoltaic (PV) capacity in Puglia, Italy. Project Trullo, as it is called, will start with the construction of seven 1-MW solar parks early in 2009. The parks are expected to be in operation by 2010. The 42-MW project is expected to produce approximately 60,000 megawatt-hours (MWh) of electricity per year once fully completed.

Project Trullo will add 15% to the 280 MW of solar power generation capacity that is currently installed in Italy. Econcern will own 51% of Project Trullo. The Ampere Equity Fund, an active investor in renewable energy projects, has acquired the remaining 49%.

“The Italian solar market has exceptional growth potential. It is anticipated that it will grow from 280MW installed by the end of 2008 to 5,000 MW by 2020. We have ambitions to become a leading player in the Italian solar market. As a company we have a mission to ensure a sustainable energy supply for everyone. Development of major solar energy assets will have a big role in creating a sustainable future,” said Dennis Lange Econcern’s director of project development.

Previous articleSudhindra Rao: CEO of Global Wind Power
Next articleAbu Dhabi Sets 7 Percent Renewables Target

No posts to display