The photovolltaic panel usage in building structure gives numerous opportunity to building designers. Photovoltaic panels( elastic membrane roofing, facade glazing) produced in the shape of building materials which their number increases fastly in recent times shows that Photovoltaic panel producers moves only building oriented anymore. Otherwise, the usage of photovoltaic panel in current buildings offers a good opportunity for considering the remaining roof fields. Differing of photovoltaic system design in a building from another building completely is highly likely. In the system design the following factors should be regarded definetely:
- The azimuth of the building’s facade that installation will be done.
- Latitude and longtitude of building that installation will be done.
- Inclination angles of the panels
- Historic season datas in building location and minimum/ maximum values
- Possible shadowings.
- Tension, thermic ratio value and cell features of the used panels
- Tension value, being with transformer or transformerless, network synchronization and power quality features of used invertor device.
Orientation, settlement direction is one of the main design criterias for buildings. The heat load of the building, shadowing need and the design of facade depend on the orientation of the building. Building’s facade receiving solar light is in the direction of souht. To get maximum efficiency from the system, PV panels should have a location sighting the south. Therefore, system is applied to the facades or roofs sigthing the south. Since the shadow will cause the decrease of power obtained from system, envisaged buildings have been wanted to receive minimum shadow.
The aesthetic is the point that architectures gives the most importance in PV applications. When building project is considered as a whole, applying PV systems to building carries the aim of not only changing the exterior building equipment but also providing an aesthetic appearance to the building. Counting the features detemining the aesthetic quality;
- Nearly natural appearance; The harmonuof system building with its whole.
- A satisfactory desing from architectural aspect; Building should be attractive and PV system design should be enforced notably.
- The harmony of the colour and equipment; The colour and fiber of the PV system should comply and be in harmony with the other equipments.
- A good engineering should Project; Succinct equipment usage, meeting the energy need in a appropriate way.
- Innovative design. Especially, thin flm panels that it’s usage becomes widespread recently gains an aesthetic appearance to buildings.