Manchukonda Prakasham Industries India Private Limited (MPIL) is No. 1 manufacturers of Pre-Stressed Cement Concrete (PSCC) poles in South Asia with annual production capacity of 1.5 million poles split across its 5 plants located in 5 majors states in India – Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh. The plants cater to Rural Electrification demands by various state governments and corporate customers in India.
The company has currently established itself as the market leader in South Asia, having started off its operations way back in 1971. It has been producing around 1 million poles per annum since the financial year 2006-07.
In the year 1995, the company established its first production unit at Renigunta Mandal, Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh, India. After successfully running that unit for 4 years, the second unit was established in the year 1999 at Bibinagar, Nalgonda Distirct, Telangana, India. The Bibinagar unit is known in the market as the single largest manufacturing unit in India and rest of South Asia. These two units are presently meeting the demands of electricity distribution companies operating in Telangana & Andhra Pradesh. These 2 production units are covering the needs of neighboring states as well.
The company established its third production unit near Varanasi in 2005 to address the demands from customers located in the state of Uttar Pradesh and other neighboring states. Its fourth production unit, with a capacity of 0.5 million poles per annum, is operational near Sholapur in the state of Maharashtra since 2008. Its latest production unit is located at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, and is operational since 2012.
In addition to the reputation of being a ´quantity´ producer in terms of volume of production, MPIL is also known for maintaining highest ´quality´ standards for its entire line of products. Its production processes are governed by stringent quality norms as per ISO 9001:2000 guidelines. Its raw material procurement policy is guided more by quality factors than cost factors.
Mr.Manchukonda Prakasham, promoter of MPIL, has been given the coveted ´Pearls of Andhra Pradesh´ award as First Best SSI Entrepreneur for ´Par Excellence´ by the Chief Minister of Government of Andhra Pradesh for the year 2003-2004.
MPIL has put in place a very ambitious pre-cast plant automation plan and commissioning programs to automate production processes at its various plants. The comprehensive automation program is being currently implemented in phased manner.
MPIL´s key product portfolio includes mainly utility poles for the power market segment. Utility poles are a common feature of our everyday landscape. They support the wires that bring electricity from the power company to our homes and enable our growing network of telephones, televisions, and computers. They are manufactured in various forms as PSCC poles and RCC (Reinforced Cement Concrete) poles. They are usually manufactured as per the standard specifications of the customer.
MPIL´s main business focus lies in manufacturing of PSCC poles. They are basically cement concrete poles which are pre-stressed using steel wires to provide more structural strength. They are manufactured as per standard REC specifications followed by various customer organizations implementing Rural Electrification programs launched by various state government controlled electricity boards.
- 08.0Mtr/115Kgs PSCC Poles
- 08.0Mtr/140Kgs PSCC Poles
- 08.0Mtr/140Kgs PSCC Poles(MP)
- 08.0Mtr/145Kgs PSCC Poles
- 08.0Mtr/200Kgs PSCC Poles
- 08.5Mtr/180Kgs PSCC Poles
- 08.5Mtr/200Kgs PSCC Poles
- 09.0Mtr/140Kgs PSCC Poles
- 09.0Mtr/145Kgs RCC Poles
- 09.0Mtr/150Kgs PSCC Poles
- 09.0Mtr/200Kgs MES Poles
- 09.0Mtr/200Kgs PSCC Poles
- 09.0Mtr/300Kgs PSCC Poles
- 09.0Mtr/400Kgs PSCC Poles
- 09.14Mtr/256Kgs PSCC Poles
- 09.1Mtr/280Kgs PSCC Poles
- 09.1Mtr/280Kgs PSCC Poles(MP)
- 09.5Mtr/300Kgs PSCC Poles
- 09.5Mtr/400Kgs PSCC Poles
- 11.0Mtr/365Kgs PSCC Poles
Advantages / Benefits of PSC poles
- Resistance to corrosion in humid and temperate climates and to erosion in desert areas.
- Fire resistant, particularly to grass and bush fires near the ground line.
- Easily installed in drilled holes in ground with or without concrete fill.
- Lighter because of reduced cross-section when compared with reinforced concrete pole.
- Clean and neat in appearance and requiring negligible maintenance for number of years, thus ideally suited for urban installations.
- Electric safety and Safe Earthing
- Flexible for all locations for erection
- Pre-stressed concrete pole are designed to meet or surpass regulatory guidelines for all types of projects and poles meet the standards of REC.