Bill Farris has served as the Vice President of Commercialization & Technology Transfer at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) since October, 2008.
Before coming to NREL, Bill worked a total of 20 years at Battelle and served in a wide range of capacities at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory and Battelle’s Pacific Northwest Division.
Bill’s career at Battelle began as a graduate research fellow. It soon progressed into program management, line management, and ultimately into technology commercialization roles. His professional roles have included the following:
* Commercialization & New Venture Program Manager
* Technology Partnerships Manager
* Fellowship and Science and Engineering Education Programs Manager
* Portfolio Development Manager
* Commercialization Manager
* Technical Group Leader
* Technical Program Manager
* Senior Research Scientist
* Health Physicist
* Graduate Fellow.
Between stints at Battelle, he worked for engineering consulting firms in the Puget Sound area of Washington State.
Bill holds an M.S. in Technology Management from NTU/Lehigh, an M.S. in Radiological Sciences, and a B.S. in Geological Sciences from the University of Washington.