Austin, TXOnGrid Solar COO Michael Bishop will introduce the OnGrid Tool with a crash course on the core concepts behind optimally sized PV systems, methods for creating winning solar proposals, and the secrets behind a successful sales pitch in the next SolPowerPeople #SolarMOOC lecture.
Lecture date and time: Thursday March 13th, 2014 @ 12PM CT (10AM PT, 1PM ET)
This lecture will focus on fundamental solar concepts that define the ability to design a winning sales proposal and which underlie the OnGrid Tool.
Those preparing to sit for the NABCEP PV Technical Sales Exam may find this lecture very helpful, as it will review some important core concepts that are outlined in the NABCEP PV Technical Sales Job Task Analysis.
This lecture will also be an incredible offering for anyone who wants to better understand the big picture of the solar PV marketplace, especially those who:
- Want to add to their skills as a solar PV sales representative
- Want to be able to explain the benefit of a solar PV system as an investment
- Want to understand the financial side of solar PV systems
- Are thinking of purchasing a solar PV system and are looking for clarity on financials
Topics in this lecture will include:
- Annual Net Metering
- Electric Rate Structures (and why understanding them matters)
- PV System Sizing
- Making the Financial Case to your Customers
- Levelized Cost of Energy
- Simple Payback
- Total Lifecycle Payback
- Return on Investment
- Increase in Appraisal Valuation
- Cash Flow with Financing
- Custom In-House Spreadsheet vs. OnGrid Tool Solar Sales Software
About the lecturer:
Michael Bishop has been presenting solar economics to solar professionals and aspiring solar professionals since 2007. He’s also been a regular host of OnGrid Solar’s twice-weekly Q&A conference calls. As OnGrid Solar COO, Michael manages the OnGrid Tool solar sales software and day-to-day OnGrid operations.