New Jersey, United States [RenewableEnergyWorld.com] Hudson Clean Energy Partners has closed its debut fund, Hudson Clean Energy Partners L.P., with commitments of US $1.024 billion. Hudson plans to deploy this capital with co-investment commitments to expand the firm’s investment portfolio in the renewable energy markets.
“We are extremely pleased to have overcome challenging economic times to exceed our fund target of $1 billion. This remarkable achievement is testament to the strength and collaboration of the Hudson team, and our track record of excellence in renewable energy investing,” said John Cavalier, Hudson co-managing partner.
Hudson’s current portfolio includes:
- Element Power, a global utility-scale wind and solar power generator
- Recurrent Energy, a distributed solar power company that develops, builds, owns and operates generation assets
- CaliSolar Inc., a solar photovoltaic wafer and cell manufacturer with an industry-leading cost structure
- SoloPower Inc., a manufacturer of solar PV thin-film cells and flexible modules
- Wind to Power Systems, a Madrid-based manufacturer of power electronics that enable connection of renewables to the grid