Democrat or Republican, President Obama is only one of the long successions of Presidents since the founding of the DOE in 1977 from an amalgamation of separate nuclear agencies, who did little or nothing for renewable energy. It is therefore not a surprise to learn that the DOE is first and foremost a nuclear agency. Less than 10% of the DOE's funding goes to energy efficiency and renewable energy programs. To learn more, read my posts:
1. The Department of Energy (DoE) Exposed: http://barryonenergy.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/the-department-of-energy-doe-exposed/
2. What Has the DoE (Department of Energy) Done Lately? http://barryonenergy.wordpress.com/2011/03/05/what-has-the-doe-department-of-energy-done-lately/
3. 15,000 + 100,000 = U.S. Department of Energy (DoE): http://barryonenergy.wordpress.com/2011/02/07/15000-100000-u-s-department-of-energy-doe
4. The Good and Bad News of the FY 2014 DOE and Renewable Energy Budget Requests to Congress: http://barryonenergy.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/the-good-and-bad-news-of-the-fy-2014-doe-budget-request-to-congress/
5. What is Department of Energy (DoE) Doing to Reduce our Dependence on Foreign Oil and Obamaloney? http://barryonenergy.wordpress.com/2011/04/07/what-is-department-of-energy-doe-doing-to-reduce-our-dependence-on-foreign-oil-and-obamaloney/
6. The Good and Bad News of DoE Fiscal Year Budget Request! http://barryonenergy.wordpress.com/2013/03/24/the-good-and-bad-news-of-doe-fiscal-year-budget-request/
Is it not true the real driver is a meaningful compliance penalty?
You may be interested in reading my article, 'Is This the Best America Can Do to Reduce Dependence Foreign-Oil?'
There is an interesting graph showing over a 30 year period, U.S. Imports of Crude Oil (in million barrels per month). Data is given on a monthly basis from January 1981 to January 2011.
Go to http://tinyurl.com/barry-stevens197