RBI solar provides complete solar mounting solutions to solve virtually any structural mounting challenge in the solar world. Services include complete design, signed and sealed engineering drawings for all 50 states, high tech manufacturing, nationwide installation and end-to-end technical support to help you solve the toughest challenges in the industry. All of RBI solar mounting systems come with a 20-year limited warranty.
Leveraging more than 70 years of experience in the commercial design-build specialty structures market, RBI Solar, works with its clients to identify the most economical, durable and robust solution. In partnering with RBI Solar you will benefit from working with the leading manufacturer of specialty steel and aluminum structures in North America. When working on a project we focus on the following primary goals:
- Turn-Key -single point responsibility for the entire solar mounting system from complete design and engineering to product manufacturing and on-site racking installation. Nothing falls through the cracks between different companies as we will take responsibility for all aspects of the solar mounting systems. No other company in the solar market has both the capabilities and infrastructure that RBI Solar has developed over the years to handle your project.
- Design -RBI Solar has in-house designers and engineers registered in all 50 states to provide you signed and sealed drawings for ground mount, roof mount and custom design specialty solar structures. Our highly qualified engineering team creates an optimum design to provide you the most durable solar support structures along with freedom and flexibility to work with any type of PV module.
- Fabrication -RBI has two state of the art manufacturing facilities- one in US and one in China to deliver our clients the most economical and premier quality solar racking structures. Our project managers oversee the entire supply chain from mill purchase through final fabrication to deliver the solar industry’s most extensive solar panel racking solutions. All structural steel is designed, fabricated and erected in accordance with the latest version of AISC “Manual of Steel Construction.” Light gauge cold-formed sections are conformed to the latest version of AISI specifications for cold-formed steel structural members. Similarly all structural aluminum is designed, fabricated and erected in accordance with the latest specifications and guidelines for aluminum structures.
- Installation -the Company has contractor’s licenses and certifications to work on solar mounting projects nationwide. Our highly trained installation crews work with on-site engineers to mount the solar racking systems.
- Technical Support -Our highly engineered and robust solar structural systems are backed by excellent end-to-end technical support. All of our support team members have technical background and extensive experience in the solar industry. We are committed to exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Highest Value -We provide a high-quality system that achieve a cost-per-watt installed cost that makes financial sense for our customer. Our project managers work hard to meet project completion goals and offer you the best available solar mounting system nationwide.
RBI Solar is a sister company of Rough Brothers, a corporation with over 75 years experience as a specialty design-build EPC firm. Rough Brothers was founded in 1932 and designs, manufactures and installs greenhouses, garden centers, and conservatories. For over seventy-five years Rough Brothers has provided the highest quality and most reliable steel and aluminum structures that capture glass and other plastics on light transmitting buildings. The four primary market segments served by Rough Brothers include the Institutional, Retail, Commercial, and Specialty markets.
Institutional DivisionDesign, Engineering, Manufacturing & Construction for:
- Educational & Research Greenhouses for universities and colleges
- Teaching Greenhouses for community colleges, vo-ag schools, high schools and elementary schools
- Conservatories, Arboretums and Botanical Gardens (both new and historical restoration)
- Private Research Facilities (Crop, Drug, Chemical, & Govt.)
- Private Estate Conservatories
- Big Box Retailers and Independent Retail Stores nationwide
- Steel Structures and Aluminum Framework for Garden Centers attached to retail stores
- Retail Customers include: The Home Depot, Lowe’s, Wal-Mart, Meijer’s, Orchard Supply, and other Independent Retailers
- Growers, Propagators, Independent Garden Centers and Nurseries throughout North America
- Steel Structures and Aluminum Framework plus all related Environmental Control Equipment
- Thousands of acres of greenhouses have been installed over the last 75 plus years for customers nationwide
- Design-to-Order and Engineer-to-Order Specialty Projects
- Specialty custom structures
- Customers include Waste Water Treatment Plants and Zoos and other customers in need of specialty steel and aluminum structures