VisualEyes is an intuitive web-based weather alert system designed in conjunction with the renewables industry to help manage your wind farm assets in the UK and Europe.
VisualEyes is an intuitive web-based weather alert system designed in conjunction with the renewables industry to help you manage your wind farm assets in the UK and Europe.
It can help you manage health and safety risks, better plan your operations, reduce costs and enhance revenue.
"The comprehensive view VisualEyes provides for our wind farms allows us to plan our work schedules and ensure the safety of the people on site, in line with weather conditions. The clear but detailed information given by the system is extremely user-friendly and provides an ideal solution to our needs."
Mark Gailey, Control Centre Manager, ScottishPower Renewables
VisualEyes has three distinct but integrated components that come together in a visual hub to give you a simple asset management platform.
Map viewer - based on Google Maps, with customised site pins to visualise your operations, and colour-coded to alert you to any weather element threshold breach.
Alert panel - provides a detailed breakdown of which weather elements are triggering which alerts, enabling you to view the movement of threshold breaches hour-by-hour out to 36 hours.
Planning charts - generate an up to 14-day customisable weather analysis report to disseminate to colleagues with detailed charts from a choice of weather elements.
VisualEyes uses site-specific data underpinned by world-leading science to deliver the following benefits:
- Europe-wide coverage giving you a single, intgrated, low-cost platform to support all your European sites
- Use the planning charts to see the liklihood of turbine availability and therefore the optimum time for power generation
Reduce maintenance costs and avoid costly damage
- Workforce planning - plan your maintenance schedules around forecast downtime, ensuring you fully optimise staff resource
- Plant planning and scheduling - avoid costly mistakes such as a marooned plant, the cost of which can run into tens of thousands of euros.
- Site access planning - ensure plant is delivered at a time when it will be able to access the site, for example avoiding periods when significant snowfall is likely
Minimise health and safety risks, ensure workforce safety and avoid litigation
- The threshold-based alerts on VisualEyes system, including a specific alert for lightning - the highest risk to health and safety, will highlight periods when it is safe to carry out maintenance work, ensuring the safety of your workforce and helping to avoid costly health and safety litigation.
Scalable; tracks your operations budget as your operations grow
- Cost savings for multiple sites, supporting your business as it grows. Supports both small wind and large wind projects with a flexible pricing structure.
Over-arching stakeholder support
- Sharing the platform across different areas of your business reduces operational costs
VisualEyes is in continual development in consultation with customers, making it a truly market-driven system.
The information on this page was created and posted by the company identified above. RenewableEnergyWorld.com does not endorse, edit, or substantiate this information and assumes no obligation for this content's accuracy.