Virtual Met Mast is a site-specific, hub-height wind prediction solution designed to assist in the development of onshore and offshore wind farm sites. Employing world-class science, Virtual Met Mast offers clear, cost-effective and reliable analyses to help you make informed decisions about your European wind farm investments.
Using our numerical weather prediction models and supercomputer technology, Virtual Met Mast™ provides key wind climatology statistics including long-term mean wind speed and direction, exceedence values, maximum gusts, wind shear and turbulence intensity.
Our enhanced version, Virtual Met Mast Plus, incorporates on-site measured observations to further improve the accuracy for confident site selection decisions.
Features of Virtual Met Mast™ include:
• 22 year climatology including average annual wind speed with associated certainty values.
• Finely modelled to maintain atmospheric integrity and sitespecific detail down to 100 m resolution.
• Extreme wind speeds including maximum 3 second gusts and 10 minute average.
• A wind frequency distribution analysis.
• 10-year hourly time series data.
With an accurate long-term wind assessment to support site development and investment decisions, Virtual Met Mast™ helps to support decision-making with the following benefits:
• Increased cetainty of long-term wind resource.
• Time and cash flow savings by delaying investment in real met masts.
• Accurate wind assessments in areas where no reliable wind data is available.
• Quicker decision making — receive wind resource estimates in days rather than months.
• Lower due dilligence costs to benefit smaller wind projects.
The information on this page was created and posted by the company identified above. RenewableEnergyWorld.com does not endorse, edit, or substantiate this information and assumes no obligation for this content's accuracy.