Hi, it's me, Matthew, part of the Development and I.T. team at RenewableEnergyWorld.com, coming out of my cave to say hello for the first time since I started here 6 1/2 years ago (how many people remember SolarAccess.com?). I would like to use my first blog post to give a general system update, and an an apology.
On Tuesday night, we migrated to a new server, which has given us a much-needed power boost over the old system, which has served us for the last three years.::continue::
I'm one of those geeky people who gets fired up about 15,000 RPM SCSI drives configured in a RAID-10 array, quad-core Xeon processors, lots of RAM and Linux.
What does this mean to you?
And my apology. Sometime between the roll-out on Tuesday and early Thursday (tired, cannot remember), I made a 'small' change that was supposed to have fixed an issue, but ended up breaking things for some Internet Explorer users. Of course I've pushed Firefox in our office, so we didn't really uncover the root issue until today. Hopefully now, I've exorcised our last big demon (Unix users would have me use daemon), so here's to smooth sailing from here on out...
The information and views expressed in this blog post are solely those of the author and not necessarily those of RenewableEnergyWorld.com or the companies that advertise on this Web site and other publications. This blog was posted directly by the author and was not reviewed for accuracy, spelling or grammar.